I’m pretty pleased with how this came out, which is surprising even to me, as I almost threw it away after about a third of it was done. I wasn’t happy with the way some parts were developing (particularly the eye and checkerboard pattern), but I managed to work through the problems and finish with something satisfactory. I’d have liked to put a little more time into this one, but I have another larger piece I’m preparing for a show, and I need to ensure it’s done in a timely fashion. Perhaps I’ll come back to it at some point in the future.
Update: I forgot to mention that the robot and rocket are a reference to the time I spent at MakerFaire Detroit this year. Man was that fun!